[Skip to content]

Print this page
.

Medical and Surgery block opened by Duchess of Gloucester

The Duchess of Gloucester laid the foundation stone for the Gee Walker and Slater wing, consisting of surgical and medical wards, in 1936. Gee Walker and Slater were the building contractors – they were based on Osmaston Road. The project formed part of a programme of public works intended to generate employment during the Depression of the 1930s.

Duchess of Glouceste