Maternity & Gynaecology, Royal Derby hospital
(best entrance - 20 or 21)
The service cares for women that have gynaecological related problems and for women that have early pregnancy issues such as fertility or miscarriage.
Our team of gynaecologists specialise in specific problems including urology, gynae cancers, colposcopy, menopause problems, fertility & recurrent miscarriage and are supported by clinical nurse specialists, general nurses and health care assistants.
Please be aware that at certain times there is a greater demand for car parking spaces, particularly in the afternoon. We recommend that you allow extra time when attending outpatient appointments.
The closest car park to entrances 20/21 is Carpark 6
- outpatients department, entrance 20
- inpatient ward 209, level 2, Maternity & Gynaecology block
- day case unit, level 2, Maternity & Gynaecology block
- three gynaecology theatre suites
- gynaecology assessment unit (GAU), entrance 20
- minor gynaecological surgery where the expectation is that you will go home on the day of the procedure.
- hyperemesis programme
- general gynaecology clinics
- uro-gynaecology clinics
- colposcopy clinic
- vulvoscopy clinic
- post menopausal clinic
There is a weekly menopause clinic for problems associated with this time of life, where you can see a consultant and specialist nurse. All types of treatment can be discussed, whether hormonal or alternative remedies.
- fertility clinics
- gynaecology cancer services
- recurrent miscarriage clinic
- pregnancy advisory:
- paediatric & adolescence gynaecology
Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology